How Coronavirus is affecting Durham Crematorium
Book of Remembrance
Our Book of Remembrance is open:
- Monday to Thursday from 8.30am to 4.30pm
- Friday from 8.30am to 4.00pm
- Saturday from 9.00am to 12noon
- Sunday from 10.00am to 1.00pm
To ensure social distancing, only one person or a single household will be able to access the building at one time.
You can still use our online Book of Remembrance.
Following the latest national guidance on coronavirus, we have had to make changes to funerals and cremations. We appreciate this is a very important service and are working closely with funeral directors to ensure as little disruption as possible.
- Our seating capacity is 100.
- To aid ventilation when at capacity, the back-chapel doors will remain open.
- Gatherings in the foyers and hallways during services are not permitted.
- Services will be 20 minutes so that cleaning can be carried out between services.
- We advise you to wear a face covering at all times.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available.
- The waiting room remains closed at this time.
- Live webcasts remain available, charged at £48 and are also available as a download for a further £28.
Although anyone who is showing signs of Coronavirus should not attend the service, we will try to enable people who are self-isolating due to a possible case of Coronavirus in their household or who are in a clinically vulnerable or shielded group, to attend.
We understand that a loss of a loved one is difficult, but to ensure that we are able to manage our funerals and crematoria at this time, we ask that funerals and cremations are not unduly delayed.
Please Contact us if you need further guidance.